Monday, July 5, 2010

Truth and Integrity

"Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. "(I Timothy 4:12)

How easy it is to take on the name of Christian but not follow with a Christlike life.

Am I changing colors to "fit in" like the chameleon? Do I put on a show for the benefit of others but fail to live the life of Love and Soul, imaging forth the Godliness that is my heritage? Am I ashamed to be different and to set the pace for others... and myself? Are my statements of faith and understanding, and my stated deeply held convictions different than what I actually demonstrate in daily life?

A good friend once described his definition of integrity as "The coincidence between what we SEEM to be on the outside, and what we REALLY ARE on the inside.

Today I will strive earnestly to live the life that I proclaim to live, reflect the values that I hold dearly and be a genuine follower of the example that Christ Jesus set.

2 comments:

TCWCAC said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the blog alreayd !!
Sounds so simple, doesn't it? It's the striving that takes daily (hourly, minute-by-minute) focus. It's not just "to try" to be better... we must "STRIVE: to exert oneself vigorously; try very hard: to make strenuous efforts toward a goal; to struggle vigorously, to battle."
When I think of that and how is applies to being an example, as Timothy said above, or to live a life of Truth and Integrity -- , it is clear that just 'trying' really seems to miss the mark.

Patrick Collins said...

Right!!!! But one good step a day is a BIG step towards the goal!!!! I will take at least one big step today!