Thursday, June 1, 2017

MISS PIGGY and PONDERING REALITY

Shangrala's               This Is My               Spot





In a world that seems to have forgotten or neglected the spiritual realities of existence, this lovely hog, I call her Miss Piggy,  seems to be looking though the restraining fence of materiality longing for a more meaningful life.    

Sometimes I feel like this, overweight with self-imposed restrictions and limits, peering through a myriad of physical restraints.   Like many others, I question whether my simple life measures up to the standard set by ancient worthies, and ponder whether we are merely material flesh and blood creatures or entirely spiritual, as taught by Jesus of Nazareth.

In my pondering, I have found, as described by Mary Baker Eddy in the late 1800's, that life is actually spiritual, and best understood through a metaphysical view, a view that explores the fundamental nature of reality.   She wrote:
    

"Metaphysical healing seeks a wisdom that is higher than a rhubarb tincture or an ipecacuanha pill. This method is devout enough to trust Christ more than it does drugs."

"Meekly we kneel at our Master’s feet, for even a crumb that falleth from his table. We are hungry for Love, for the white-winged charity that heals and saves; we are tired of theoretic husks, — as tired as was the prodigal son of the carobs which he shared with the swine, to whom he fed that wholesome but unattractive food."
(Miscellaneous Writings p 359... Mary Baker Eddy)

I love you Miss Piggy. May I join you in contemplating how best to rise above the simple corn husks of self-centered daily living and pursue a Life of Love and service?

No comments: