Wednesday, June 14, 2017

ANIMAL PHOTO OF THE DAY.... PEACEFUL PUSSYCAT

Shangrala's               This Is My               Spot


When I saw this I was reminded of the Bible's promise of peace and harmony.

In her wonderful work, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy elaborates on God's natural Love and Tenderness. She writes:

"Tenderness accompanies all the might imparted by Spirit. The individuality created by God is not carnivorous, as witness the millennial estate pictured by Isaiah: —

'The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard shall lie down with the kid;
And the calf and the young lion, and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.'
Isaiah 11"

As I, in my own life, strive to reflect that loving spirit, that acceptance of others who may be different, that lack of "judgement"... and as I work to resist the fear that would keep us at odds with each other, I ponder the verses above from Isaiah.

And, I found a role model!! This lovely cat...a little wary maybe, but cautiously accepting a historic "arch enemy", a bird of all things, into her personal space.

Thanks for the lesson in peace and harmony Dear Pussycat.

No comments: